Wednesday, May 26, 2010

This Boy.....

I'm not sure how I got so lucky to have this boy be mine.
He is funny and smart---yet tries my patience in ways I never imagined.
He is thoughtful and loving---but sometimes throws tantrums I can't begin to control.
He is stubborn beyond belief--but surprises me with his kindness almost daily.
I love this boy.
He has an obsession, to say the least, with Cars.
His collection grows weekly, but I'm trying to put a limit to it.
He knows each character and what lines they say from the movie.
Everyday he asks me if we can buy "Flo."
I'm trying to turn his wants and desires to add to his collection into a teaching opportunity.
He has a jar he is trying to fill up with cotton balls.
When he's good, and goes to bed alone at night, we put a ball in.
Let's just say the jar isn't very full yet.
It's adorable to watch him play and re-enact each scene from the movie.
"Wreck, shoot, I'm the world's best backwards driver...."
I don't even know how many times a day I attach Lightning to Mater's hook.

Last week he was sick. Sicker than he has ever been. We laid on the couch for 5 days and watched Cars 45 times. No joke. He knows the lines really well now!
I had to take care of my little patient and get him everything he wanted, which included, gatorade, milk, water, pretzels, popcorn from Target and yogurt. All at the same time.
Good thing he bulked up, because he was so sick and had such horrible sores in his mouth, he didn't eat for 5 days.

Jack has really been struggling at his daycare, and I've debated in my mind so many times whether I should change or not. I feel like his life is so inconsistent and he is juggled around so much, that going to the babysitter was the most stable and consistent thing for him.
Then she informed me that she thinks something is wrong with him and that he needs counseling, because is having a lot of "accidents" at her house.
I left in tears.
Counseling, for a two year old?
I immediately called the hospital daycare to see if they had any openings.
Luckily they did.
Monday was his first day there. I was worried and stressed all day about how he would do in a new place and if he would have any "accidents."
When I arrived to pick him, he didn't want to leave the playground and come home.
I hesitantly walked up to his teacher to get his daily report, and she proceeded to tell me how much they loved him and what a great day he had.
She asked me if I was aware that he knew all his letters, numbers and colors.
Uhm, yeah lady, I am his Mom.
Then she said she even went back to the secretary and asked if he was in the wrong class because he was acting so mature.
Nope, he is in the right class.
She said he was such a joy and a great addition to the class.
I left in tears, again.
This time for a much different reason, obviously.
It was so refreshing to have such a positive response from them,
and to have my thoughts about my sweet boy reaffirmed.
I think his new daycare will be such a good move for he and I,
and I can't wait to see more positive changes in our future!
I love this boy.

9 comments:

Kourtney said...

Oh I am so glad you got him out of there. I think the babysitter was just to lazy to keep an eye on him. Just my opinion. My boys loved the hospital daycare, and they are so nice there. I hope it continues to work!

Anonymous said...

Good for you for making a change! Sometimes people are idiots and don't know what they are talking about. I remember my mom telling me a story about how I HATED a daycare. They didn't know what was wrong but trusted my feelings and switched me and I did great! I'm sure Jack will too! Good job mom! :)

Libby said...

I am also so glad you got Jack away from that crazy lady! She was the one with the issues...clearly! I hope you love the hospital daycare for Jack. I think you will. Everyone seems to really like that place!

Giselle Rasheta said...

This makes me so happy! I'm so glad that Jack can be at a daycare where he is seen for the amazing boy that he is. He is such a smarty pants - I know I'll never be able to live up to what you have taught him in such a short time.

Yay! This blog seriously makes me celebrate. I'm so glad he's feeling better, too. And at least he's obsessed with cars and not something stupid like Yo Gabba Gabba or something :)

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you left that uppity lady and her Disney Sweatshirts! I could not believe she had the gaul to tell you there was something wrong with Jack. I think there's something seriously wrong with HER!!
I'm glad that Jack is feeling better. And really If I had to watch one of the Disney movies 45 times, I think I would have picked cars too!!

Keep Smiling Chels, You're an amazing Mom and Woman!!!!

Billie Sue said...

The instant you left the baby sitter's house and called me, I told you to find a new sitter! I am so happy the hospital was positive and loved Jack. He will do well there, where there is a positive atmosphere! When you first investigated the baby sitter and she told you Jack was on "probation" for 10 days to see if he could stay, I was not in love with her. Then, the day she told you Jack lost his halo and his horns came out--I KNEW she was crazy! I am so glad you got Jack in to the hospital daycare. Even if it more expensive, it will definitely be worth it! Love that boy -- and the pictures are wonderful!

The Gunnerson Family said...

Oh that Jack! He is too smart for his own good, and YOURS. It really is a terrible thing when our children grow smarter than us in such a short period of time. I love his cars. I love how much he loves them. He seriously knows them all and what they do and what they say and EVERYTHING about them. What a cutie. I am so glad that the hospital daycare is going so great. Thanks for letting us invade your house this weekend, we loved it.

McNeil Family said...

Yay for Hospital Daycare. It sounds WAY better! Perhaps you'd like Evan to take some trips to St. George so he could spend some time with AMAZING Aunt Chelsea? It sounds like Evan needs super mom Chelsea! You could potty train him, teach him letters and colors and numbers, and any other thing he hasn't learned from me. :(

Brittany said...

Nothing like signing your 2 year old up for counseling....? What an idiot that "Day Care" lady is!! I'm glad Jack is doing well with his new Day Care! That's awesome!! I'm also glad he's feeling better! Poor little guy! I felt so bad about the sores in his mouth.:( Hope you're doing well too!! Love ya!