Sunday, June 6, 2010

To some....

To some, this may look like a random collection of scribbles. But to me, this picture signifies months and months of practice and, ta da, skillfully mastering the art of drawing a cirlce.

To some, this picture shows a scroungy little boy, with disheveled hair, whose mother didn't even bother to wipe his breakfast off his face before posing him for the shot. Some may see a child in their pajamas, even though it is probably 10 AM.

But to me, I see my sweet boy, whose hair grows so quickly, that I can't manage to keep it tamed. I see his breakfast on his face, which shows that he jumped down and ran away from me too quickly for me to finish cleaning him up. I see a scratched elbow which shouts that summer is in full swing; and that this boy, who runs and jumps and never slows down, is loving every minute of it.

I see his Lightning McQueen pajamas, and remember the fight that ensued when trying to get him dressed in real clothes. Its a reminder that these days, its not important to sweat the small stuff.

I see a kid, beaming with pride, who has come a long way in the last year, (from eating crayons) to now drawing perfect circles!

You can see it all too now, right?

11 comments:

Billie Sue said...

That is for sure one of the cutest, smartest, most talented little boys I've ever seen! Wow! Circles at 2???? Why so advanced? Oh, for sure, I remember now ... he is Chelsea McNeil's child! That explains it all!

Brittany said...

I see a super cute artist in the making!! He's so dang cute even in his jammies! That scroungy hair is in style isn't it?? I think so.

Giselle Rasheta said...

I can totally see it. I love that boy...too smart and too cute for his own good!

Unknown said...

I see at little boy who is 100% Boy. He lives life to the fullest and tries to drain every bit of everything he possibly can out of his days. It's the small stuff that makes ordinary days into magical ones.

The Gunnerson Family said...

Oh that Jack. I am NOT at all shocked that he can already draw circles. He is such a smarty pants. I love all the details that make him Jack.

Billie Jo said...

I see it in his dark brown eyes that this kid is going to take his mom on a whole lot of adventures! Love him!

Libby said...

His little smile looks so mature in that last picture! He is getting so big!

I love days where my kids can just be kids (slobs) and I don't worry or care about it. It is rare that it doesn't drive me crazy, but every once in a while I can be free and let go and just enjoy letting them stay in their jammies all day! It is the best!

Staci said...

I was so excited to see your blog again. Jack is so big and so cute. I can't believe how fast they grow and how much they change. It looks like you are doing a fantastic job raising your baby boy. He is lucky to have you as his mama...

Melinda said...

Oh Chels I just love you....and your sweet boy.

McNeil Family said...

Why does Jack look so old? My goodness! And circles? A-mazing! Give him kisses for us!

Kati said...

Looks like a perfect, smart, happy and content little boy to me! :)
I would call that a very successful day!