Saturday, May 22, 2010

Life(s)

They say cats have 9 lives.
I know so far I have 2;
My old life and my new life.


New life is good.
It's good in strange ways.
It is very difficult yet equally rewarding.
I've experienced new spiritual highs, and new emotional lows.
I have realized that I had strength and abilities that I never knew existed in me.
I found friends and people to support and help me that I didn't know were there.
It seems like old life was so long ago, and its hard to remember it existed.



But it did.
I see the proof in past family photos.
And when I drive by our old house.
And I am left teary and sad.
I miss old life.
I miss my old friends.
I miss my old work schedule.
I miss having an adult to talk to, and share a bed with, and cook for,
And kill the lizard in my garage.


I guess its easy to yearn for old life when you think of all the good times.
I'm sure new life will be the same, however.
New life seems wonderful when times are good.
But like old life, it seems equally bleak when things are hard.


I guess I'm trying to find a balance between old and new.
Find the parts of me I loved then,
And meld them with the parts of me I'm trying to become now.




8 comments:

Stevenson Stories said...

Wow, I have never been the 1st to comment...I'm usually the 33rd person or something!! :)
Yet another good post. You are super strong and I learn lots from you (prob more than you realize). Jack is a lucky little man. I know I say this a lot but I am willing to help you out however I can. :)
Oh and the pictures... so cute!

Billie Jo said...

Love, love, love the post. You really are such a great writer. Why don't you start another blog on helping people developing their writing talents. You have oodles of time. Can't wait to see you in five days!

Kourtney said...

I might have to stop reading this blog cuz I always wanna cry at the end!

Natasha said...

Love to read your blog. You are so talented and such a strong woman!

Natasha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brittany said...

You could call me to have an adult to talk to.:) And I'm loving the idea of you coming out to Lovelock to see the baby....you could have someone to cook for if you did.:) See I could solve most of those lonely problems.:) Gosh, it was so good to see you and Jack at lunch. I miss you tons!! I really wish we lived closer! Jack is such a cute little guy and he wasn't naughty at lunch like you said. Can't wait for our next get together!

McNeil Family said...

Just quit your job and become a writer. Seems totally reasonable. Then you could move by us and you could quadruple your adult talk time.

Billie Sue said...

Ah - joy and rejoicing, and pride all at the same time. I love your words, I love your expressions. It is an absolute catharsis for the soul to spill those feelings out ... and so beautifully expressed! I am so proud of you and also very, very pleased that you have found a very productive way to express your joy and sadness. I love you! Keep it up!