Sunday, May 2, 2010

Other, other blog.....

I guess I've been feeling a little envious of everyone that has 14 blogs so I am adding yet another blog to my list that I sometimes update. Actually, the truth is, my sisters and mom and I have had this blog for years now to share recipes. It always seems to happen like this for me: I need to make something and I call my mom or sisters for the recipe and they tell it to me while I'm in line at the grocery store, so then I search my purse and find an old receipt and write the recipe on it. Then I get home and never write it on a real recipe card, so my recipe box is full of old receipts and scrap paper with delicious meals enscribed on the back. So, we started the recipe blog between our family so I could just call and say, "put it on the blog." Or, when we have a family party and all the food tastes so delicious, and instead of exchanging all the recipes and getting carpal tunnel writing the ingredients and instructions, we just put it on the blog. For instance, I'm sure Olivia is home busily typing away as we speak----sharing the yummy food from Luke's baptism yesterday. Delicious food, like Kahlua pork, ham fried rice, frog eye salad, upside down pineapple cake and banana cream pie cake....hungry? Me too! Its been fun and extremely helpful/convenient. If you've met my family, you know how much we love food and love to plan our get-togethers based on what we are going to eat! My mom and sisters are amazing cooks, and I hope with a lot of practice, I can become half as good as they are. So, if you're in need of cooking something new, try some of our delicious recipes! (Let me know what you think if you try them!)

7 comments:

Brittany said...

Oh I am loving the recipe blog! I will be using that for sure. I already checked it out and it looks like there are some YUMMY recipes on there. Thanks McNeil women!:)

Giselle Rasheta said...

When people at work found out about that blog, they were amazed. I use it all the time... :)

The Gunnerson Family said...

Awesome, I hope that our hit counter gets up to 1,000,000 soon.

Billie Sue said...

In all our recipes exchanges, I have actually never put a recipe on the blog. I am sure there are plenty of recipes that came from my kitchen, but I have never been good about this. I think now I am not so obligated to any certain task, I can do this and really enjoy it. I may need tutorials about how to get where I want to be, but I am sure you can assist me in my challenges!

Libby said...

Oh I'm so glad you put a link to your recipe blog. I already added it to my recipe blog links. I keep forgetting about this blog and I am dying for new recipes to try!

I hope your weekend was fun! I also hope you are working tomorrow so we can talk all about it! Oh I think you are...cinco de mayo baby!!!

The Richards family said...

Thank you so much Chelsea!!! I am so excited to get recipe's of the blog!! I always love when we get together with you guys because you always have the best food!!

Kati said...

Looks like some fantastic recipes on there! I will be checking it out for sure!