Saturday, February 20, 2010

I have debated whether writing my real feelings and thoughts on my blog is a good or bad idea. Obviously, its out there for so many to read, and obviously not everyone will see my opinion or my point of view. Secondly, I know my Mom will worry too much and jump in the car to come rescue me. Not that I partly don't wish that would happen, but I am an adult and have to deal with life and the challenges of it right now. Additionally, talking about it will just raise more questions for those that are out of the loop, and I'm not sure that I want to deal with that right now either. I guess after weighing it all out, I realized that this blog isn't for other people and their opinions or questions; its for me. Its for me to journal and remember what life is like.

This week has been hard. Particularly hard. And I don't know why. I think it all started last Saturday when I realized how much everything will change. Not that things have been that normal lately, but they're about to be drastically different. I know in the end, maybe far far down the road it will be better, but it will be a big adjustment. So far in this process, I have cried and been quite emotional, but honestly I think I've been holding it together particularly well.

This week, I fell apart.

This week I've cried everyday more than I've cried altogether in the last 6 weeks. I cried because it was Valentine's Day. Its supposed to be about love and romance and all that it entails. For me it was wondering if I'll ever have that again.

I cried when I thought about virtually everyone I know being pregnant or trying to be pregnant, and wondered if I'll get to experience those joys and emotions a second time around.

I cried in Jack's bed while talking to him about how much I love him and how sad I am that I won't get to see his adorable face everyday. I cried more when he wiped my tears and gave me kiss after kiss.

I cried about the relationships I had that will never be the same. I've lost too many people in all of this mess. I cried because I'm sad and mad that I miss them.
I cried(this is lame, I'm well aware) because I don't think people look as private blogs as frequently as they look at unprivate blogs. Then I laughed at my own stupidity for crying about a blog.

I cried because of people that have let me down, and weren't there when I needed them most. But then I cried more when I thought of all the people that have gone above and beyond to support me and give me strength.

I cried when I got home from work last night and the house was empty. Being all alone is not a feeling I enjoy. I cried wondering if I would sleep alone the rest of my life.
I cried because I still cannot find my wedding ring...anywhere...searched high and low...
I cried because for one split moment I wondered why Heavenly Father would want one of his children to be unhappy and heartbroken. Then I cried tears of humility when I felt His love surrounding and comforting me.

I'm sure I'll continue to cry. Probably for weeks and months to come. Hopefully there is a happier ending in sight. For now, I will just try to make the best of the moments of joy that I do have and find the strength to take on the hardships.



21 comments:

Tana said...

I cried reading this.... I am so sorry this last week has been so hard for you. But maybe next week will be just a little bit better? I love you and I am going to be praying for a better week for you!

Stevenson Stories said...

Ok I am glad to see that Tana cried because I am totally crying. I don't know if you realize the influence you have on people. You are so so strong and so many people look up to you. What a crappy week and yet you still seemed like you were holding it together fairly well. Oh and I check private blogs all the time and I will keep on reading yours. :) I think it is great that you are journaling your feelings. Anything I can do to help and I am more than there.(even if it is just getting some ice cream or catching a movie) Love the cute pictures of Jack and you look great as always! You are in my prayers!

Unknown said...

It's my philosophy in life to never feel bad about the tears that we shed. I commend you for your openness and willingness to share. Even if this blog is just a journal for you, you will find that many will find the same comfort in your words down the road. . . And, because you are who you are, plenty of people will read your blog!

Libby said...

I love you Chelsea! I wish I had all the perfect words to say to you to make you feel better! You are amazingly strong and you are allowed moments (if not weeks and months) to feel otherwise. I know you are going to have a happy ending in all of this! You are too amazing not to! I've said it a million times and I know you don't believe it right now, so you are just going to have borrow me faith in that for now. :) Love ya!

Libby said...

I said "me faith" in the above comment! What am I a pirate? Arr matey!!!

McNeil Family said...

Well I'm bawling my eyes out right now too. I texted you several times last week and you never let on that you were sad. I'm so sorry! It's because you truly are a rock and I just know that you are so much stronger than me... I don't realize that you have times like these. Please please call me! I call you all the time or text you morning or night if I need something. Even if I just cried with you, I would feel like I was doing one tiny thing for you. Let me do one tiny thing for you... please please! We love you so much. I hate that you are going through this right now, and I wish you didn't have to or that we could take some of this hurt and feel it for you. But I know because you are amazing, that it is something that you will get through. We love love love you!

McNeil Family said...

And I forgot to mention that I am positive you will have all the things you're worried about some day again. I just know it.

Billie Jo said...

And now one more reason for me to cry. I cannot take away your pain I know, but there is every part of me that wants to get in the car right now and drive down there just to hold your hand and tell you it will be ok. Please know that there is not a day that goes by when I don't think about or pray for you. You are strong but even strong people can have moments of weakness. It will only make you stronger. I love the new look and you are the queen of trendy!!!! Love the necklace BTW!

Brittany said...

Along with the other fellow commenters...I cried while reading this as well. I hate that you have to go through this and I hate that someone has hurt you and makes you feel this way. I hate that I don't live closer so that I can be of more support to you. I have total faith that you will find love again and that you will have grown and become an even better woman(if that's possible) from this experience. I hope you know how much I love you and that I am only a phone call away. Please, please call me when you need someone to talk to or vent to or whatever. Love you!

The Webb Family said...

Oh Chels, my heart aches for you and yes, the tears are streaming. Coming from someone who has been where you are and experiencing the same emotions and questions, all I can say is I love you and please share your feelings. I didn't, and it was so hard to be strong for me and Braxton when not one single person knew the hell I was going through until the day I left. My family knew things weren't good but didn't pry until I let them in. I promise you will come out of this a better person, Jack will be fine, kids are amazing! It does get easier, but be patient, don't rush your feelings. I am always here if you need anything!!

our story said...

I don't know what is going on by I am truely sorry for whatever you are dealing with. I wish there is something I could do. I am thinking about you.

The Richards family said...

Chelsea I have been thinking of you a lot lately. I wish I could be there for you and do something for you. I am so sorry. I also know you are strong and will get through this, I know I can not say anything to make it better... But know I love you and I am thinking of you!!

Kourtney said...

Chels, of course you will have all of it again. You are a righteous daughter of our Heavenly Father and will receive all his blessings because you are so faithful and have been amazing through all of this. Hello, call me so we can chat about all this! I know I have been MIA lately what with moving, but its done now so I will be available again!

Billie Sue said...

Ok - this will be short, because as your Mother - I am making an executive decision now! As soon as I'm out of class, I'm in the car and on my way.................
Get your bags packed, girlie, your Mom is on her way to get you!

The Cox Family said...

Chels, you are such an amazing person who definitely doesn't deserve this. Since you are so amazing, smart, beautiful, caring, and fun I know that you will get what you really deserve. I just wish I was closer to you so I could help you with whatever you needed. I have been thinking about you a ton lately and would love to get together next time you are up. Cam keeps saying that he wants to play with "that Jack boy!" So let us know when you are up. Hang in there girl, and know that we love you!

The Gunnerson Family said...

What can I say that I haven't already said? What tears can I cry that I already haven't? I am so sorry that life has handed this to you. It is going to be a long road, but if anyone can make the trip, it is you. Keep as strong as you can, and call me to cry when you can't.

Kati said...

Life is kind of crazy like that. You never really know what is going to happen to you, even though you do everything you can to try to control the outcome. I have found that I have to focus mostly on what I know is the most important things. Focus on what I know I want for me....
I have no doubts that you will find all the things you are wanting and needing. Jack is so lucky to have such a great mommy. Hope this next coming week is much better for you...
Love and hugs:)

Rebecca and Christy said...

Chelsea you are amazing!!! If there is anything I can do for you let me know. Things will get better!!! Love ya!

The Rollo Crew said...

Ok I don't know what this is all about and I'm sorry Shad & I have not been better friends for you and have not stayed in contact like we should have but I want you to know you can always call me...I have a new number 702-375-0350. Chelsie I cried reading this and I don't even know what it's about...that is how much you touch people. On our few "in-debth" chats I have felt like we understand eachother and are so similar. So if you ever need anything PLEASE call at anytime.
XOXO Melanie
P.S. Check out my blog I just posted a picture of Kyson and Jack when they were little. SO CUTE!!

Aimee & Brennen Fuller said...

Oh Chels I'm so sorry. I wish I could be down there for you. I'm so glad you decided to be open and lay it out there on your blog. I think it's such a great way to release everything that builds up from a day/week/month. And you write so eloquently..you suck me in every time. You'll be blessed for you strength and faith and you're never alone. Our Heavenly Father is always there. Just a kneel away. ;)

Giselle Rasheta said...

Well, on the up side it looks like plenty of people are checking your private blog... :)

Chels, I love you so much and I am heartbroken for what you are feeling and going through. All I can do is pray for you and tell you how much I love you, but I have no doubt that you will come out of this swinging. I know you, and I know you will. Love you so much.