Saturday, March 6, 2010

Good Therapy = Good Week

This week has been good. Not great. But considering everything, I'll take good. I think in large part it is due to some thearpy I've been receiving. Not from a professional; that ended a while ago. Although lately I've considered going again. Call me crazy, but it feels good to have my opinions validated.

The week started off by getting my hair did. That is usually the best form of therapy for me. I wanted to do something different but not too dramatic. I love how it turned out and think I have only been shot a few "is she having a mid-life crisis?" looks.

Tuesday night we had some family arrive to our house. They were honestly the best house guests, and literally vacuumed their way out the door on Friday afternoon. It brought back memories of Aunt Trudy "raking" her shag carpet on her way out the door when we were little kids. Jack had so much fun playing with Addey and Reece, and I loved having Aunt Trudy and Beau around to talk to and do craft projects with. The weather was amazing on Wednesday, and we played outside the entire day. The weird part was that while they were here, things felt normal. Really normal. Too normal. Which has me more concerned about how hard next week will be. I'm pushing those thoughts aside for now.

Also this week I think I consumed at least one entire bag of Cadbury mini eggs and another bag of Reese's eggs. Easter candy is the best invention. Ever. Talk about good therapy.

Wednesday night I went to pack Jack's backpack for daycare. Inside was a plastic bag. Inside said bag was a pair of underwear. From Tuesday. Poopy. Smelly. Crusty. I gagged, then threw up in my mouth. Then, like the cheap person I am, rinsed them out. Then I text everyone who I thought would give me a great response about these unders just so I could have a good laugh. Oddly enough, it became good therapy.

Thursday, Jack got a special delivery on the doorstep. He was ecstatic to open the present and find his very own rolling suitcase for our upcoming Phoenix trip. We are flying there with my Mom and he is so excited to ride on an airplane. He immediately began packing his suitcase, with the help of Reece and Addey. It was packed full of toys and clothes. The next day he added a water bottle. It was pretty darned cute. Aunt Giselle and Grandma could not have been more thoughtful. It was yet another reminder of just how blessed I am to be surrounded by so many thoughtful people right now. Its the best form of therapy I can think of.

I also felt great this week since Jack and his posse of 9, yes, count them NINE stuffed animals slept with me. It was so fun to have a cuddle partner, or nine. In case you're not up to speed on the number of stuffed animals we drag from room to room, they are, in no particular order: Monkey, Blue Doggy, Pink Doggy, Regular Doggy(seriously, the kid calls him regular), Ira, Beary, Wittle Beary, Bunny and Wittle Bunny. Good thing I have a king-sized bed.

All throughout the week I have talked to so many friends and family. Everyone thinks to check in on me. And I love it. Sometimes it may not seem like I enjoy it, but I really do. I cannot imagine how much harder everyday would be if I didn't have little texts and calls from everyone. I have actually been feeling really bad this week because I know lots of other people are going through hard times, yet they still call to check in on me and listen to me crying. Next week, I'm going to try to focus on other people's lives and well-being, and work on less self-pity and victimization. {hopefully that is a word}.

My friend directed me to a blog that is pretty personal to me right now. I started reading it yesterday and couldn't stop. It's really great and adding a lot of perspective to things, which is always good therapy! Read it here.

Which brings me to my last little bit of therapy. Thursday was payday at daycare, and on each invoice his teacher write a little progress note. This week's note said, "Jack is doing better but continues to cry for no apparent reason."

So do I, lady, so do I.

She should try it sometime. I find that its good therapy.

11 comments:

Billie Jo said...

First to comment, Yes! I need some good therapy myself. The kind that involves sun and me and you at Pizza Factory with the amazing spinach/pasta/chicken salad. Or better yet...CUPCAKES!!! Oh I let it ALL out this week. I think crying is the best therapy. Let it out, let it all out! I hope you have a really fun trip and you find the sun and family to be the best therapy yet!

Aimee & Brennen Fuller said...

Glad you are having a better week. And I must.see.this.new.hair! I bet it's so cute. But I've always been jealous of your hair. Long, short, always was jealous. Have fun in Phoenix and enjoy the even warmer weather! :)

Billie Sue said...

I'm so glad your week was better. Jack and the girls probably made things feel better. I love that they packed Jack right up -- that's so cute. I can hardly wait. It will be good for us to get away -- get away from our daily routine and the demand for us to operate as though everything is perfect in our lives. It is very good for you to get your feelings out. Writing is excellent therapy -- such a good outlet for our feelings. I have always found that with poetry. It's sad -- since Dad died, I haven't even had time to sit and mourn and put my feelings down like I did with Mom. Today is his birthday. Rob and I went to the cemetery to contemplate. It was cathartic. Getting over hurt and loss takes time. Don't be impatient with yourself. Cry with Jack when he cries -- it's ok. Sometimes when Dad cried after Mom died, there were no words to make it better. I just put my arms around him and cried with him. Such a good thing we have prayer and the knowledge of our loving Savior who is there to help us over all the ills of this world.

McNeil Family said...

I'm just wishing for a picture of your new cute hair. I will inevitably think it looks amazing and wish I could copy. We love your updates... you are such a great writer. I'm so excited for you to go to Arizona. How are the nine animals going to fit in Jack's suitcase?

The Webb Family said...

Oh Chelsea I love your posts, they make me smile and giggle, of which i needed, so thanks for lifting my spirits today!!I can SO relate to the nine stuffed animals Tanner is the same way, we also include books, trains and cars. Seriously how do they sleep!! Glad you are doing a bit better and YES i LOVE the hair!!

Brittany said...

I'm so glad you had a good therapeutic week! It's a process isn't it?? I really wish you would have posted a picture of your hair though. I love getting my hair did too!:)

Anonymous said...

Let's see a picture of the new hair dew!!! I'm so sick of my ugly mug with my ugly style, I need to see a cute hair cut!! :)

Tana said...

Your hair is beautiful and yet not even knocking on mid-life crisis' door! I love it. I'm glad you had a good week. We can mix it in with your terrible day today and hopefully find something to smile about! :) I have read everyones comments and I CANNOT believe no one mentioned the past due POOPY underwear! Thanks, that text made me laugh that day! Love ya lotz.

Kourtney said...

Good post. You should be a writer or something! Where is a pic of the hair? Remember me, living a gazillion miles away? Hello! I tried to call to tell you something this week, but your phone was off, how rude ;)! I would have thrown the unders out, you are such a good Mom!

Giselle Rasheta said...

I love your new blog. Can I just say that? I love journaling blogs of people who are good writers. And I love knowing what you're thinking without bugging you 50 times a day. But I am glad to know that I'm not bugging you when I text you - that may have been a mistake on your end. :)

I'm glad Jack loves his suitcase. I was so mad when I went to Target and realized there was a much more trendy/cool boy rolling suitcase there, but I guess he IS just 2 years old and a kiddy suitcase is still appropriate, even for a stylin' kid like Jack.

I hope that your day yesterday didn't ruin your week of good therapy. I told Noah the story and he pretty much just stood there in disbelief. We both hate the DMV, and we commiserated about it for a while on your behalf.

We love you and cannot WAIT to see you! It's just around the corner...

Melinda said...

I'm so glad you liked that blog. I knew you would. She's amazing and so are you. I'm glad you had some good therapy, and I want to see your new hair do. :)