Friday, February 5, 2010

Adventure

Like most people, our life is an adventure. Although I'm not sure I'm entirely prepared for the next adventure(s) my life will be taking, I'm ready to embrace it and do all I can to make it great. It seems like as a kid, life is full of fun and exciting adventures. I have so many memories of ice skating on the frozen creek in our back yard and the beaver ponds in the back pastures. So, when my mom said she wanted us to all go to Midway ice skating for her birthday, I was thrilled. I may have been a little rusty in the beginning, since I haven't skated in ages, but by the time we were finished, I mastered skating backward, attempted a few jumps, almost landed some successfully, and enjoyed so many fun times with Jack and my family. It was definitely a fun adventure for all of us.
Initially I put Jack in skates and took turns with everyone in attempting to help him skate around the rink. It wasn't going well so we took his skates off and let him play in his shoes. He loved it and ran all over the ice while performing his patented "knee slide."
As tough as the journey ahead of us may be, its adventures like this that will make it all worth it.








11 comments:

Aimee & Brennen Fuller said...

What a fun family outing. Ice skating really is so much fun. It's fun to share things you enjoyed as a kid with your own. Good luck with your new adventure...

P.S. Here's my email address...but assuming I can see this blog maybe you already have it? Just in case:

aimeec7@yahoo.com

McNeil Family said...

We can't wait for all your new adventures!

Billie Jo said...

As always, your blog is so cute and over the top! Ice skating was so much fun and did bring back many memories. The knee slide was out of sight...definitely a 10! I hope you get up here close and we can have adventures weekly!!!

Libby said...

I can't believe you are such an awesome skater! I had no idea. You know we have/had a rink her at christmas time. We should have gone. Although I totally suck at it!

Thanks for the new blog invite! I'm glad I get to keep reading about your adventures!

Giselle Rasheta said...

Thanks for updating on the bday celebration! I love skating and it looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Love you both lots! I'm excited at the possibility of seeing you soon!!

sara and wade said...

yahoo! thanks for thinking i'm important enough to keep checkin up on ya! :) can't wait to hear more about all the new adventures! i think about ya lots!

p.s. a few jumps and backwards skating... you should go pro sista! i love ice skating, but i'm such a chicken.. i don't try any of the fun stuff. and the blue ice skates.. to die for!

Tasia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tasia said...

We took Emma skating for the first time on Monday and it was so funny. I am not sure if Jack was the same way but Em just wanted to hold us while she dangled her skates on the ice. Looks like you had fun! I miss you!!

Kati said...

Not sure what your new adventures are going to be...but I am sure you will handle them like a pro!
Love the new blog! So cute. Congrats on graduating! That is such a FANTASTIC accomplishment...especially doing it while being a new mom!
Good luck with your new adventures...can't wait to hear all about them :)

The Cox Family said...

That ice skating rink brings back a ton of memories! It is so fun to have it so close. Little Jack looks like he had a great time. You look cute as ever Chels! We are excited for your new adventures as well and hope to see you more often. When you are up here you should let us know so we can get together and have a play date!

The Webb Family said...

LOve your new blog, sounds like tons of fun ice skating. I'd love to try it sometime! Thanks for the invite so I can keep track of ya, seems like I never get to see much of you lately. Keep your chin up and a smile on your face!! Love ya girl!!