Saturday, June 9, 2012

Summer Bucketlist: Plant a Garden

I LOVE summer!  We always have such big plans of wonderful adventures we want to fulfill, yet somehow summer slips by and we hardly ever left our backyard.(Not that that's a bad thing!)
So when I saw this cute Summer Bingo Bucketlist idea, I quickly printed it out and we filled up our circles with fun and exciting ideas.

 We got to work immediately with one of our ideas: Plant a Garden.
I've never planted a garden before, so I had to enlist some help.  My neighbor/bishop showed me how to use the tiller and Giselle gave me ideas of how to plant what I wanted.  Olivia gave me some strawberry starts, and I chose to plant lettuce, spinach, peas, carrots, squash, zucchini and pumpkins.
Jack chose to plant apple seeds.  He eats apples everyday and has been saving the seeds so he can grow an "apple bush."  Let's just hope he forgets about that one!

With any luck, we will be munching on yummy fresh veggies (and APPLES) soon!

7 comments:

The Tews said...

Jack little smiling face is so cute, hooray for gardens! We planted our first this year as well. I will have to try out some apple seeds next year! :)

Billie Sue said...

I love the bucket list idea. My garden has yet to have a beginning, so now maybe you can help me! I have my seed and Dad just sprayed it for me on Friday, so I guess the rest is up to me! Jack looks so cute standing in the garden...he will definitely be looking for the first signs of plants to come up. What's next??? Let me know what I should be looking for from you next!

Brittany said...

I'm pretty jealous about the garden! I have wanted a garden for a couple years now but without my own house and a backyard it's a little difficult.:/ I can't wait to come to your house and have some fresh veggies.:)

The Gunnerson Family said...

Yeah for summer! The garden looks AMAZING. It really is fun to put a little work into the ground and then see what you get to harvest. I only wish my garden looked that good. It is really good at growing things, but unfortuntely right now it is only growing WEEDS!

Billie Jo said...

SUPER WOMAN... and with 29 kids a full time job and over the top crafting-you should take a breather and sit down on the swing a relax!!! Hope you are in the mood for hosting delicious dinner parties with your produce! I do love the picture of Jack in the garden...he looks SO proud and happy!

Unknown said...

Apple bush...Such imagination and wisdom in that kid. I hope things are growing for you! Gardens can be frustrating yet so exciting all at the same time!

Aimee & Brennen Fuller said...

Just thinking of you and how much fun we had down at DRMC. Seriously...it's unfair how awesome we are. ;)
Have a fab day and send me some of your adorable and cute style.