Thursday, March 3, 2011

You know its bad when......

.......your 3 year old says......
"Mom, I didn't put something too big to
flush in the
toilet.
I really didn't, Mom.
So you don't even need to look."
***************
"Jack, what did you put in the toilet?"
***************
(eyes welling up with tears)
"Nothing, Mom. I did't put any-fing in the toilet."
****************
Culprit:
Large plastic bag
I kept my cool and didn't punish him since he was already crying.
Then I turned around to wash my hands and saw 6 oreos in the bathroom sink.
After that, I think we had both earned a time-out.

6 comments:

Valerie said...

Ha ha ha, way to go on keeping your cool, I swear I need more time outs then my kids!

Billie Sue said...

You just have to think of it as an exceptionally bright child gaining knowledge through scientifically experimenting! Now there is a really, really fine line of what is acceptable experimentation and what is not...but try to keep your cool, because believe it or not...you will laugh about it one day!

Billie Jo said...

Could have been worse! Just think of life times four right now and you will know why it took me almost a week to load 5 pictures. Parenting gives us a chance to gain paitence, love, and understanding. Hopefully I will need fewer lessons in the future. For now just trying to pass the class.

Kourtney said...

Love that kid! I wish I was there to see him! I totally would have made my boys fish it out and grossed them out about it so they wouldn't do it again, you are a way better Mom at keeping your cool!

Giselle Rasheta said...

What on earth was he doing with 6 oreos in the sink?? Who would waste those delicious treasures? Haha...I can't wait to see more of these Jack adventures first-hand.

Love you, chels! Way to keep your cool, momma.

The Gunnerson Family said...

Let's just say bag balm. LOVE those boys don't you? Keeps life...blogworthy.