Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Randomness On My Mind

This is what's been on my mind lately...
I must warn you, my mind is a scary place to venture at times...
*reader beware*
I was a very disgruntled customer when I got to Harmons and they were out of the full-size bags of Cadbury mini eggs and I had to buy tiny individual bags instead.
When I got home and unpacked my loot, the thought occurred to me that my candy supply might be getting a little out of hand....

HE is on my mind as usual. He is with his Dad and I miss him fiercely! I'm ashamed to admit that the first 2 days he is gone are rather relaxing for me and I somewhat enjoy it. But after that I'm ready for him to come back.
The other day I got out of the shower and could hear water running in his bathroom, so I yelled across the house,
"JA-ACK" , turn of the waa--teerr."
I assumed he was running his "color changing" cars under it as usual.
I was surprised by his reply.
"Noo--ooo Mom, I'm not finished doing my haa--aaiiirrr."
Then an instant later...in he walks to greet me.
Very. Well. Done.

Yep, even opened the gel by himself!
(and used half the jar)
(and we had to wash his hair 4 times to get it all out)

Also on my mind....
I traded in my Zack Morris brick phone.
Wahoo!!!
Despite my elation over my new phone, I was rather sad to retire my old one.
It was hard for me to say goodbye.
It was even harder for my phone to say goodbye, cause it was dead.
Literally dead.
Wouldn't even work.
The new phone arrived at the perfect time.
It's pretty awesome. It can do amazing things. Like take pictures.
And I think some other things too, but I haven't figured them out yet.
(Valentine's Day at the Park)
Tomorrow, my big sis' is having baby #4!!!!
I am thrilled for her.
But more importantly, the secret will finally be out
and I won't have to keep it in anymore!!!!
In case you didn't know....I scanned her and know what the sex is,
but, NO ONE else knows.
It's been the most difficult secret EVER to keep.
Which probably explains why I haven't kept it.
I've told A LOT of people.
LOTS. OF. PEOPLES.
So I am putting my crafting abilities to the test and sewing a beyond darling boppy pillow cover for her. THIS is the fabric, but its even more cute in person.
I will not show the coordinating fabric and rickrack cause it would be a dead giveaway.
And I'm great at keeping secrets and will not ruin my track record now.
Enough for now...
I'm off now to take a sewing class,
sew said boppy pillow cover,
eat some candy,
work a half-day tomorrow,
drive up to Salt Lake,
meet my adorable niephew(ha ha ha),
pick up my baby,
and be back to work by Thursday.
Now do you see why my mind is so crazy?

11 comments:

Brittany said...

YOU are the one that got me addicted to Mini eggs!! Shame on you! I was at the grocery store today and bought one mini bag for myself. I'm VERY thankful that they didn't have the big bags.:) I'm sorry you're missing Jack.:( But he'll be back before you know it. Super cute fabric! I'm a little upset that I'm not one of the peoples you told about the sex of the baby.....but you do realize you added "going to meet my new nephew" right? You just told EVERYONE!!!:)

The Richards family said...

Chelsea YOU have been on my mind... so it was weird to see you post. I love Jack's hair! Now I know what jell I need to get for Dylans hair!! Maybe I will see you when you are here seeing "the baby"!!! Your secret will finally be out, how did you do it?

Billie Sue said...

I am glad to know what you have decided to do...last time I talked to you, you were trying to work it out, so I will see you at the hospital...and Jack! Yeah!!! We are ALL excited to finally get to know what this baby is. I have two different sets of fabric to make a blanket, so I will be excited to see if I am using cowboys or flowers! Benjamin or Evie -- tomorrow is the day! LOVE Jack's hair and I think he is YOUR child to be so independent to do his own hair at 3! (and to sass...i.e., "Nooo Mom! (with accompanying explanation) I'm doing my haa irrr!") Love you both and see you tomorrow!

Billie Jo said...

Don't know who you told but if they cross my path in the next 6 to 10 hours and spill it, I will be very distrubed! I am way excited to meet said baby myself, and I got it by the way, neiphew. Good one. See you tomorrow PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE drive safe.

Unknown said...

I'm sure the pillow cover is going to be super cute. That material screams cute!! If you think that candy stash is bad, you obviously haven't seen mine. I put it out for others to eat but in the event that nobody EVER comes over I end up consuming it all.

Giselle Rasheta said...

What??!!?!!?! You took a sewing class? Why didn't you tell me? I am jealous. I was just thinking today that I am just going to find an amazing seamstress and pay her for private lessons.

Can't wait to get my hands on the boppy. It is ADORABLE! Please don't leave here without me seeing you. PLEASE? I have to be both myself and Billie Jo tomorrow which means dance lessons from 2-8. I'm thinking that's a no??

Love you. Love Jack. Love your blog.

Valerie said...

Ok I just read your post below about the pajamas and I could not stop laughing! And the boppy fabric looks so darling, I can't wait to see it :)

The Gunnerson Family said...

At least you can put your thoughts down. I don't even remember what I am thinking most of the time. I walk into a room and wonder what I was doing. Then I eventually leave. Love Jack's hair. I don't even do my boy's hair. I guess I will have to change that when i get a little girl!

McNeil Family said...

If only BJ knew that you really don't know how to spell nephew, she would be furious! Can't wait to see you. If you don't know how to get to the hospital, simply push the "genius" button on your phone and say "find ______ hospital". It will then give you turn-by-turn navigation to the hospital. Glad someone found the best phone in the world for you.

Libby said...

I want to come sew with you! It looks adorable! Man, I need a sewing machine.

Love Jack's hair! Way to go dude.

Melinda said...

Good job tackling a boppy cover. Yikes. I've thought about doing that. I should take some classes, what a good idea. And I'm glad you are normal and feel a little relief when you get some free time and then miss your child again. Normal, normal all normalness.