Saturday, March 12, 2011

It's Official....

....I'm a soccer Mom.


I won't pretend that the first "game" played out like I had expected it to.


I even had a clever and completely original post in my head.

It went something like this..


Smart Start Soccer Registraton- $28

Tiniest Shin Guards Known to Man-$5.99

Adorable Socks-$6.99

Watching Your First Born Son Score The Game Winning Goal-PRICELESS


Instead....

Upon arrival, the "coaches" informed the parents of the drills we would be teaching our children and gave us each a ball and sent us on our way.

In the middle of a park.

With 100 other kids playing on the swings and slides.

And birds flying around.

And sticks on the ground.

Hundreds. of. distractions.



Regardless, I kicked off my high heels and attempted to enlighten Jack with my vast knowledge of soccer moves.



Needless to say,

He picked up a lot of sticks.

Chased a lot of birds.

Begged to play on the playground.

And ignored me everytime I told him we would leave unless he properly demonstrated the way to do an overhead toss-in.



Yelling at your 3-year old in a crowded park-PRICELESS

8 comments:

Kristen said...

What a cute little soccer player. What a good sport you are for getting out and teaching Jack how to play. I wish you the best of luck and an exciting season.

Kourtney said...

Love it! So awesome, I want to come visit so bad! I will do my best to come out this summer!

Valerie said...

Ha ha ha, where were you today? So Briggs didn't want Brandon and I to help at all! He wanted to either be by the coach or kicking the ball without us. After fifteen minutes, he sat down on the ground and said, "Mom I am taking a break!" hilarious

Aimee & Brennen Fuller said...

At least he's an adorable soccer player. Those skills will come later I'm sure.

Billie Sue said...

Giselle and I are sitting here laughing our heads off! We love this post and think that no matter what...Jack is the cutest little soccer player ever!!!

Giselle Rasheta said...

Why on earth did they call it a game? They could have just called it a practice and that would have been sufficient... Are they going to actually play games eventually? What is coaching coming to these days, haha?? Well, I bet Jack was able to learn more skills from you anyway. :) Love your posts...always good for a laugh. Love you!!

The Gunnerson Family said...

Soccer is the WORST sport to do. Here in Kamas it is ALWAYS snowing and the kids just run around kicking eachother. Who calls that fun? Regardless, Jack is the cutest little soccer player ever, and what else can you expect from a 3 year old? Don't worry, I'm sure once he takes the time to listen to you, he will put David Beckham to shame.

Billie Sue said...

Oh my gosh! Don't even THINK about that "S" word! What a terrible thing to say two weeks before you are set to move here from 75 degree weather and spring flowers? "Judge...may be strike the comment about snow from the record, PLEASE??!!"