Thursday, August 29, 2013

First Day Of School

I can't believe the first day of school is really here! Jack was so excited this morning and woke up so early in anticipation of the big day. We made a last minute decision to go to first grade this year instead of Kindergarten, and I really hope its the right thing to do. I wasn't mentally prepared for it, but I think it will help out with a lot of things this year for him and for my work schedule for him to be in school all day. I hope he can handle it! He got dressed on his own, brushed his own teeth and did his own hair, and was ready about an hour before it was even time to go to the bus stop! He didn't hesitate for a moment and jumped right on the bus with his cousins and drove away. I can't believe he's really big enough for school. I'm so excited to see what this next chapter in life has in store for him!






1 comment:

Billie Sue said...

Oh yeah! I am the first to comment! Let me just say, it has been a very long time since I have gone to anyone's blog and what an enjoyable experience to read yours. I had forgotten how much I enjoy reading blogs and finding out what is going on. What a great way to document, as well. Jack is a beautiful child! I know it is hard to let that first one go off to school. I remember leaving Rob so I could go back to school and that was tough too. Jack is smart as a whip and will do just fine in first grade. He needed some challenge in his world and this is perfect for him. It is admittedly sad when other influences have as much time with you child as you do. Make the time you have count! Love you both so much!