Friday, December 23, 2011

One for the book.....

Yesterday, I gave Jack the world's longest lecture about his bad behavior.

"Why do you always sass me? Why can't you do what I ask? When I ask you to do something, please just do it, instead of giving me a looooong list of reasons you cannot do it. Please STOP talking back to me and just do what I ask. Is that SO hard?"

Don't worry, typing and re-reading the words made me naseous that I would actually give that lecture. I'm completely embarrassed for myself.

But then he responds with this.

"Mom, you wanna know why I can't do what you say and stop talking? Cause I have to close my mouth if I stop talking. And when I close my mouth, it hurts. So I can't do it."

I guess this is a VERY bad case of "I hope you have a child just like you."

3 comments:

Aimee & Brennen Fuller said...

Love. Seems like I had this same conversation with my 3 year old. Ha ha ha!

Billie Sue said...

And don't I always tell you what an angel he is? Lovies...Mom

The Gunnerson Family said...

I completely HATE when your children are naughty and you have the sudden realization that they are acting JUST LIKE YOU! Ouch.