Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas At Our House

We had a wonderful Christmas and few weeks leading up to the big day.


Jack is very into drawing and coloring right now and is constantly bringing me his creations. This is his version of Santa, wearing many belts.

Jack is a dancer. Yes, my SON takes dance lessons. He looks forward to "active hour" class each week, and is constantly practicing his skipping and chasse-ing around our house. I was a little nervous that he wouldn't perform when it came time for the Christmas dance concert, but I could not have been more wrong. He was SO excited about it, and was literally a clown during the performance. He was so elated to be up on stage, that he didn't look at his teacher once to be reminded of the routine, but was shaking it so hard he fell on his bum. I was laughing so hard I was crying. His face was priceless the whole time as he was grinning from ear to ear. I now realize why parents spend hundreds of dollars on their children to take dance lessons. I was beaming watching him.





We had all the cousins over for a ginger bread house and cookie decorating party.


Yep, my kid is the shirtless one.




Our elf....whose named changed several times..

"Fishing"

Can't wait till he returns next year!





Temple Square




My little Wiseman

McNeil Family Christmas Party

Nativity Program




Christmas Eve Jammies




Christmas Morning








We hope your holidays were as wonderful as ours. We can't wait to see what 2012 brings to the Johnson family!



Merry Christmas

7 comments:

Billie Sue said...

Jack definitely loved performing his dance! I thought I would die laughing, as well. Loved the tongue out during the intense moves! We enjoyed the cookies, even though we were unable to attend the gingerbread party. The wiseman outfit turned out so cute...just what a cute little wiseman needed! Christmas morning was so much fun watching Jack open his presents. We love the Johnson's and were so thankful to share Christmas with you this year!

The Gunnerson Family said...

It really is the most wonderful time of the year. I am so glad you guys were here to spend it with us. We love having you here, especially for the special times. Jack is such a little cutie, I could watch him dance for hours!

Billie Jo said...

Dancing for sure was the highlight! Glad he LOVES it so much. He is a star! Glad you are here with us al this Christmas.

Giselle Rasheta said...

So proud of you that you are still blogging... what an awesome post! Too bad I missed more than half of what you posted about, but I guess that's what a blog is for, right?? Jack is a crack-up on stage but I assure you he is the BEST behaved in class. He was just giddy for his performance! So sad we missed the par-tay and the Nativity and the Christmas jammies and everything else. So glad to be back home to visit with you again. Love you!

Aimee & Brennen Fuller said...

What a fun Christmas! I particularly enjoyed the picture of Santa and all of his belts. I'm sure they are all for different uses. :) And how fun that Jack is loving his "active hour" class. He definitely knows how to get his groove on from those pictures. It's amazing what we parents will do for our kids to watch them smile. Best. Feeling. Ever.

Stevenson Stories said...

Oh how I miss you. He is such a cutie. Wish I could have seen him perform. Glad you are keeping busy. We will see each other again... somday!! :)

Brittany said...

Lots of fun Christmas activities! Jack was the cutest little dancer ever....even when he fell on his bum.:)