Sunday, February 5, 2012

"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lof of time running around shouting that he's been robbed. The fact is that most putts don't drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is like an old time rail journey...delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas, and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

-Gordon B. Hinckley

4 comments:

Giselle Rasheta said...

Love this quote...

Billie Sue said...

I, too, love this quote, but wish you had something that truly made you happy to blog about. It is only when we reach President Hinckley's age that we discover these things...or at least admit them...in life. Mothers want the world to be perfect for their children and I only wish I had it in my power to provide a more positive experience for you.

The Gunnerson Family said...

One of my favorites. It is hard to come to terms with the fact that the life I have is good enough and I need to enjoy it instead of looking for something better.

The Gunnerson Family said...

I would like to add
"Most kitchens are dirty, most children misbehave, most tummies are chubby, and most most hair is flat."